WELCOME TO IT DEPARTMENT
Mr. Talib Al-Mahruqi
Head of Department
The Department of Information Technology plays an active role in advancing the intellectual frontiers of information technology, creating new computer technology and applying that technology to meet the needs of today's technological society.
The IT Department offers a diploma program in IT that leads on to four Higher Diplomas and B. Tech program, which are database, networking, software engineering and internet & e-security.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The I.T. Department strives to:
- Interact with others in groups or teams in ways that contribute to effective working relationship and the achievement of goals
- Educate and train Information Technology (IT) professionals to meet the demands of the economy.
- Enable graduates to undertake professional activities in Software Engineering, Networking, Internet and E-Security and Database
- To educate and train Information Technology (IT) professionals to meet the demands of the economy.
- To enable graduates to undertake professional activities in Software Engineering, Networking, Internet and E-Security and Database.
- To provide graduates with the necessary theoretical and applied backgrounds needed to pursue careers as Information Technology professionals in industry, business and services.
- To train graduates to administer network computers, troubleshoot hardware and software problems, manage data and develop Internet web pages.
The department is functioning in a separate building with an ample number of classrooms and well equipped labs with intranet/internet. The department also has a special Hardware Lab and a Networking Lab. All the class rooms and laboratories are equipped with LCD projectors. All labs are also equipped with smart boards.
The Lecturers of the department are highly qualified, experienced and dedicated individuals. The department also has many technicians to ensure the smooth functioning of all the labs. The projects guided by our lecturers and developed by our students are being used by the College. For example the College Library uses the software developed by the students of our department.
The faculty uses many ideas and innovative techniques such as:
- Class Lectures using Visual Aids
- E-Learning and Discussion Forums
- Tutorials (Theory and/or Practical)
- Project Work (Individual or Group)
- Quizzes, Class Work and Homework
- Assignments (Projects, Presentation or Self Learning
- Examinations (Midterm / Final)