The Human Resources Department (HRD) at NCT is the mini-personnel unit where all the powers that deal with human resources management are devolved. As per the Bylaws of Colleges of Technology, the HRD falls within the authority of the Assistant Dean for Administrative and Academic Affairs. Because the human element is important to the development of any public or private institution, the Omani government has focused on developing human resources in various fields for optimum utilization of this vital resource. This will enable institutions to improve their performance and achieve their strategic objectives.
- Coordinating with the centers and departments to identify their needs for human resources, the qualifications and experience required, and to take the necessary action.
- Setting up a database of the college human resources.
- Organizing the attendance records of personnel.
- Preparing job descriptions and specifications.
- Organizing in-service training courses, to enhance the academic and administrative level of the personnel in coordination with the concerned authority at the college and the ministry.
- Coordinating with all centers, departments and professionals in setting up a plan for staff appraisal and taking the adequate actions after analyzing the results of the appraisal.
- Coordinating with the different centers and departments in analyzing job description, advertising vacancies and implementing the recruitment procedures.
- Ensuring the best possible use of the college human resources.
- Evaluating staff performance and forwarding the appraisal forms to the Assistant Dean for Administrative and Financial Affairs.
- Carrying out any other tasks assigned by the Assistant Dean for Administrative and Financial Affairs.