The event was conducted by the ITD in collaboration with The Association of Computing Machinery - ACM. Dr. Giancarlo Guizzardi, Professor of Computer Science, Free University of Bolzano-Bozen, Italy, is an eminent speaker from The Association of Computing Machinery - ACM.
Dr. Duhai Alshukaili, Head of the Information Technology Department, started the event with a warm welcome to everyone, discussing the significance, relevance, and importance of the session to the audience.
Dr. Giancarlo Guizzardi introduced the audience to the importance of the patterns and how they contribute to the current advancements in the field of Information Technology. He discussed the patterns, Semantic Interoperability, Ontology-Driven Conceptual Modelling.
Dr. Giancarlo Guizzardi introduced the audience to SEON- Software Engineering Ontology Network and the different layers of SEON. He discussed the key points of the Unified Foundational Ontology model of Ontology-Driven Conceptual Modelling. He communicated the following messages through his webinar:
1. Semantic Interoperability is our biggest challenge but it is also our biggest opportunity
2. Conceptual Models should be meaning contracts
3. Ontology is inevitable. Do it properly.
4. Ontology-Driven Conceptual Modeling is Pattern-Based. Leverage on that
5. Validation and execution semantics are key.
6. Combine Theory-Driven and Data-Driven approaches and learn from the crowd.
Dr. Duhai Alshukaili, Head of Information Technology Department, UTAS-Nizwa, moderated the event.
The global audience appreciated the excellent talk by Dr. Giancarlo Guizzardi. According to them, it was an excellent webinar and will surely contribute to the knowledge enhancement and future research of the individuals.